The workshop will be an
opportunity for counsellors to:
- reflect upon their own relationship with, and experiences of, the
telephone & Skype
- identify relevant experiences and skills they have which can be utilised
in telephone & Skype work
- broaden their knowledge and understanding of why clients may choose
telephone or Skype counselling
- develop awareness of particular demands / difficulties in such work
- explore practical aspects of setting up a Skype account
- consider the above in relation to, and implications for, professional
practice - identify any
additional professional development might they need?
During the workshop participants will have the chance to broaden & develop their
theoretical knowledge & understanding of working with issues around suicide
information (e.g. suicide & the law / statistics / myths
their own suicide experiences / feelings, and how these may impact
any further personal and/or professional development needs
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
different types of self-harm and the reasons why people self-harm.
helpful and unhelpful responses to self-harm and the impact of those responses.
sensitive and effective support to a client who self-harms.
- Identify a range of practical strategies to explore with a client who self-harms.
Jonathan is a qualified
training professional, working in learning and development for over 17 years.
His experience of designing
and delivering bespoke specialist communication skills courses spans across all
Jonathan began his career in
training in the Financial Services Sector before moving to work in Local Government.
He went on to work for Samaritans, developing training for volunteers in
branches across the UK and listeners within the prison service. More recently he was responsible for managing
Samaritans Workplace Training Service and during that time he designed and
delivered training packages on suicide, self-harm and well-being.
Jonathan now specialises in
designing classroom based courses and e-Learning resources for frontline staff dealing
with vulnerable service users and customers.
Jonathan is a qualified
member of the CIPD. He is also qualified to use the following popular and well
respected tools: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (Step I and Step II), FIRO®
Element B and Belbin® Team Roles.
Details of other workshops will be here soon.
In the meantime please contact us with any queries.